CORONA VIRUS UPDATE:
Following the continuing spread of the corona virus, it is essential that everyone continues to follow expert’s advice to delay the spread of this disease.
- Avoid any unnecessary social contact
- Stop all unnecessary travel
- Regularly wash hands thoroughly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand wash. This may sound basic but it really is an effective way of slowing down transmission
- Self isolate for 14 days if you or a member of your household develop a persistent cough or fever, or a temperature over 37.8 degrees
- Only contact NHS 111 if symptoms worsen and you need medical help. This is to ensure the service is not overwhelmed and is able to help those who most need it.
This approach is adopted on the advice of experts, including Prof Whitty the chief medical officer and Sir Patrick Vallance the chief scientific advisor, who truly are world leaders in this field.
Full information and advice is updated daily on the government’s website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-pu… and on the NHS website here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/