Supporting local jobs and businesses was always going to be a priority for me as your MP. However the challenges faced by businesses since 2020 makes this even more important. From our shops, restaurants and hair salons, to multi-national corporate HQs, Runnymede and Weybridge offers opportunity for businesses to thrive.
- Support people back into work or training, especially those facing barriers to work, through working with local businesses and through my role on the Work and Pensions Select Committee
- Encourage partnerships between business and education to help develop the skills and opportunities for both young people and businesses
- Advocate on behalf of key sectors, including aviation sector (see more information here) and encourage investment in key industries, such as science and technology.
- Work with our Local Authorities, Local Enterprise Partnership and Chamber of Commerce to promote business networking and opportunities
- Support financial policy which creates the opportunities for businesses to grow and thrive
- Advocate on behalf of local businesses with Government Departments, trade bodies and other relevant organisations where required
My other pledges, to improve infrastructure, reduce flooding risk and ensure a great education will also bring benefit for local business, shaping an even better location and skilled future workforce.