Our local infrastructure connects communities. With great road and rail links and Heathrow Airport nearby Runnymede and Weybridge is a fantastic place to work and live. These great connections help attract businesses to the area, creating jobs and opportunities locally. However due to the success and growth of the area, some of this infrastructure is now struggling to deal with volumes of traffic far greater than it was designed for. This can lead to delays, in addition to the air and noise pollution produced.
My aim is to encourage improvements across local infrastructure, working with Government, Surrey County Council and transport providers to deliver greener transport, better connectivity and a reduction in air and noise pollution across Runnymede and Weybridge. To achieve this I will:
- Support the delivery of greener transport and technology, including greener buses and trains, as well as encouraging greater green infrastructure, such as charging points for electric vehicles.
- Press Highways England to take action to reduce noise pollution from the M25, through both improvements to the road surface (and ideally a replacement of the concrete sections of motorway) and sound barriers
- Support Surrey County Council to deliver improvements to our road network with reflect the needs of residents. In particular working to ensure A320 improvements and roundabout designs meet local needs, supporting schemes to reduce congestion and providing greater walking and cycle infrastructure alongside our road network
- Work with rail and bus companies to ensure accessible and reliable public transport.
- Encourage improvements to our digital infrastructure so that everyone has the ability to connect for work, socially, and to access great local services.
I have also been campaigning for the delivery of the River Thames Scheme, which in addition to flood protection will also bring significant infrastructure improvements, and improvements within our aviation industry which will help address air and noise pollution. For further information on these campaigns please click on the links above.